Wednesday, October 13, 2010

market finds - fabric & paper

Here are the goodies I picked up at the Bowerbird Bazaar markets on the weekend. Last time, I bought prints from printspace, this time it was about fabrics and paper...

Fabric from Ink & Spindle. I thought they'd look great framed in white Ikea ribba frames. I couldn't go past this yellow (which looks mustard-y in the photo) which works really well contrasted against navy.

Fabric from Cloth Fabric. I picked up a few remnants I could turn into cushions. I'm not usually into pink (funny considering it features in my blog colours a fair bit!) but with chocolate, I think it's a winner!

Cards from Able & Game. I'm going to use these as birthday cards...they give Hallmark a run for their money, don't you think?

I can't wait to get stuck into these fabrics, handy considering I had my first sewing class last night. I seem to start things with the best of intentions but then when it comes down to it I tend to lose motivation. Maybe the idea appeals to me more than actually having to get off my butt and do it. I borrowed a sewing machine I had never set eyes on before, let alone used, so I didn't get to sew. Hopefully at the end of the 5 weeks I'll have something to show you!


4 comments:

  1. what a great stash you got and keep at it with the sewing classes you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you sew - how are the classes going? Having fun? Great selection of fabrics. LOVE the mustardy yellow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have curtains and cushions made from that very same bird fabric! It's really lovely. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the sewing classes, you'll love it! Great stuff you picked up there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. You rock!
Maria xx